Government of Canada Invests in Thompson Airport Upgrades
Thompson Airport Authority is always improving our facilities to better meet the needs of our valued customers. Click here to view a PDF of some of our past and future upgrades to the airport.
Official Website Launch
August 14 is the official launch of our brand new web site. Did you find everything you were looking for? Contact us and let us know what you think.
Construction of Taxiway Echo at Thompson Airport
As part of on-going improvements to the Thompson Airport the Thompson Regional Airport Authority is pleased to announce the construction of Taxiway Echo.
Taxiway Echo will connect the North apron of the airport to the secondary gravel runway which is number 15/33. Once completed, taxiway echo will provide improved access to runway 15/33 thus increasing the reliability, and sustainability of the airport.
The project will be completed in two phases. JP Thorne Ltd. has been awarded a contract for Phase 1 construction of the taxiway and work will be completed before the end of the current construction season. The second phase will be tendered and completed in 2010.
Funded completely by the Thompson Regional Airport Authority, this project forms part of the ongoing strategic plan for continued development at the airport.
For Further information please contact:
Thompson Regional Airport Authority
Curtis Ross – CEO
It should be noted that the LGDs’ input has been instrumental in the planning, tendering and undertaking of all projects.
Completed Capital Projects Undertaken by the TRAA – ACAP and Non ACAP
ACAP-Airports Capital Assistance Projects
- The replacement of the VASIS lighting system with a PAPI lighting system. (VASIS-Visual Approach Slope Indicator System PAPI-Precision Approach Path Indicator) – Funded by ACAP and TRAA with PFF fees.
- The construction of a new sewage lagoon to accommodate increased users at Thompson Airport – Funded by Transport Canada as part of the original transfer agreement.
- North Apron and Taxiway C rehabilitation and paving – Funded by the TRAA with Passenger Facility Fees (PFF) and the capital contributions provided by Transport Canada when the TRAA assumed ownership of the Thompson Airport.
- South Apron and Taxiway A and B rehabilitation and paving – Funded by ACAP and TRAA with PFF fees.
- Rehabilitation and paving of Runway 05/23 – Funded by the TRAA with PFF fees and capital contributions provided by TC at ownership transfer.
- Extension of Runway 14/32 – Funded solely by the TRAA with PFF fees.
- Purchase of a new Mobile Sweeper for cleaning the runways – ACAP funding. (Sweepers are used for cleaning standing water and light snow off of surfaces).
- Purchase of a new Plow Truck – Funded by ACAP and TRAA with PFF fees.
- Construction of the new Security Screening Area and the Secure Holding Area in conjunction with the CATSA EDS Deployment – Funded by CATSA and the TRAA with PFF fees.
- Rehabilitation of the public washroom facilities in the main Airport terminal building – Funded solely by the TRAA with PFF fees.